Beautiful Breakfast Drink

When I wake up in the morning, I'm sometimes cranky and lack energy specially when I didn't get enough Zzzz's . So what I usually do before I go to work is to drop by my favorite coffee shop and get a big serving of my favorite hot drink usually flavored with vanilla and chocolate.

All these years I always thought that there is nothing wrong on getting my morning mood booster from something sweet. Sometimes the regular indulgence caused me to get sugar crashes that's why I limit myself to no more than one large cup in the morning.

Then while I was browsing over a magazine. In there, I read an article from a renowned doctor in the field of cosmeceuticals, Dr. Perricone. He says that sugar toxicity can cause accelerated aging.
aging and sugarI almost stopped drinking my beverage upon reading the article. Knowing that my drink is not sugar free and there is that nagging question in my head that the body can't function without sugar. I really had a lot of contrasting thoughts with this new founding.

According to the article, sugar, if consumed regularly in high quantities can actually cause inflammation to the cell membranes. They attach to the collagen which is the natural cementing substance of the skin and cause them to cross link with each other. With this process being accelerated with each consumption of sugar causes faster skin wrinkling. Oh my gosh!!

I instantly asked the counter if they have sugar-free drinks and to my delight they do. I ordered the new drink on my next visit and to my surprise the sugar-free drink is also fat-free. Wow that's a double win!!! Sexy and wrinkle free. :)

Of course its impossible to avoid sugar completely but reducing the consumption can lessen the risk of early wrinkling. Sugar is not bad at all because your body needs it to function. The article simply says to just get your sugar from fruits and vegetables.

To make your breakfast drink most beneficial - try telling the counter to mix either skim milk or better yet, soy milk. You'll get lesser fat which is another contributing factor to wrinkling. This is because soy milk contains natural isoflavones which is an antioxidant that fights cancer. Yet another reason to say CHEERS in the morning!!! :)

0 comments:

Post a Comment