Dairy & Soy Milk for Perfect Curves

I was visiting a friend of mine who lives in a nearby town during the weekend when I chance upon her husband who just arrive from the States. The guy was a foreigner who stand 6 feet tall and with good stature. But what I find funny is that my friend who stand only 5 feet is helping her husband to walk.

I ask my friend what is wrong with her husband and why is she guiding him in walking. My friend whispered that her husband has weak knees. The husband often laments and wonders why he had weak knees despite the fact that he's a fanatic of drinking milk, which means he gets a lot of calcium. I wondered myself what could be the cause of the malady.

Lunch came, and my friend laid down all sorts of barbecue and delicious meat viands and rice to match. I asked my friend if is there's a feast because she is serving around 3 dishes for our meal. My friend said that her husband likes an assortment of dishes when eating and that's why she cooked a lot.
dairy and soy milk
Then like a bright bulb - the answer hit my head. I remember talking to a health buff at my gym and he advised me to always keep a good balance between protein and calcium because they have adverse effects towards each other.

The husband loves eating protein so much. He eats it, and drinks it at the same time in the form of milk. Too much protein is not good for calcium because it depletes it. The fact is, taking more protein than your body needs causes your blood to be acidic, which causes the kidney to neutralize the acidity by throwing calcium out of the body.

Yikes!!! How am I supposed to grow beautiful when in fact I love drinking milk too; and likewise I love eating a hefty serving of protein during my meals. If additional protein intake would cause my bones to weaken due to the lack of calcium supply then how would I look beautiful and not look like a walking Question Mark.

Thankfully, the health buff gym buddy provided some answers. He advises to take one gram of protein per kilogram of my body weight. Although this is not an exact science but anything that goes beyond twice as much the prescribed consumption is considered an overdose.

Like most things - balance is a necessity. Same goes for taking in protein from meat and veggies. Yes, there are different opinions that claim meat is better over vegetables as a protein source. Some even say that milk can cause diseases because cows nowadays have been injected of hormones to enhance their growth. Not to mention being fed with grass that has pesticide. Meanwhile, others says that vegetables also has insecticides and the source itself is not complete to replace meat protein.

Quite confusing...

Nevertheless, my advice, just keep a good balance for both meat and vegetables. Be sure that you get your food from clean and quality sources. I believe that moderation has always been the key to maximizing the health benefits of food.

0 comments:

Post a Comment