Red Lips for Dummies or Not

During my teenage days I have discovered that there is more than one way to put a red color to my lips so I can pucker in front of the mirror. Of course their are those conventional ways like the common lipstick, lip shimmer and lip gloss. They have their own purpose and variety.

But during my trials I was able to come across these peculiar methods. Yes, they're unconventional but I can guarantee they can put that red tint in your lips, if that is your main objective. If you're ready to try these techniques, I would recommended this rarely. Maybe so rare that I suggest you try them on the event that you have forgotten to buy your regular lip color from the supermarket or you are so out of budget. This things I believe are readily available around the corner. Hehehehe!(Grins)

Tip #1 Candies or Chewing Gum with Heavy Red Coating

If you would recall during your childhood days, there are those candies and chewing gum that have strong food colors that once you start putting them in your mouth the coating of the candy starts to melt. The red food color start sticking on your tongue after a minute or so they got wet with your saliva. The procedure is simple once the color starts leaving the candy get the candy and starts applying the remaining food color to your lips.

Now this quick fix doesn't have a long staying power on your lips. It may last only for an hour or less, or until your lips run dry and you start licking it with your tongue. So the next time you went to the grocery try to make it a point to go the confectionery section. This is the perfect lip color if you have intentions of snogging or kissing your partner and you want to end up with a fresh breath, and your partner craving more of your lips. :)

Tip# 2 Merthiolate Tincture

Hahaha! Totally out of this world. I've discovered this method through our maid. I always wondered why her lips have a faint red color that doesn't look like lipstick. I accidentally passed by her room one time and saw her applying the tincture directly on her lips.

I asked her does she have a cut or a bruise on her lips cause I know this tincture is used as an antiseptic for wounds. She told me she doesn't have any wounds from her lips but the tincture is perfect on acquiring the red shade she desires and it can last for hours. I have hesitations of recommending this product because it may be toxic once you smack your lips and get to swallow it in the process. But since I have news that our old maid is still alive up until now I assume it may not be that hazardous.

I do suggest this as temporary lipstick if ever you have some cuts on your lips as a result of chapping or too much drying. Or better yet try this only if the situation calls for an instant fix on a much rarer situation than the candy.

Tip #3 Toothpaste

Oh yes!! Something that is really present in your household unless your parents are conservative and believe it's still okay to brush your teeth with only salt to disinfect the gums and a dash of baking soda to whiten your teeth. This technique I inherited from one of my teenage friends and swear by its effect but forgot to divulge the side effects.

She told me to apply toothpaste over my lips before I sleep generous amounts of white toothpaste that leave a cold sensation. I must let it stay overnight and remove it only after I wake up in the morning. For vanity's sake I tried it. I was both curious and excited to see the results in the morning so I rush to the bathroom to wash the toothpaste off.

Well! Well! Yes, my lips indeed are pinkish red both upper and lower lips. But wait??!!! What is this stinging sensation. Oh no my lips seem to be slightly burnt. I don't know why did the toothpaste have that effect on my lips. Indeed for 2 to 3 days my lips are red and people are wondering why. And then the side effects.

After those glorious 3 days my lips started chapping and peeling. Argghhh and much worse it blackened a bit more than usual. I can say this procedure is only recommended if you want to go out with red lips during Mondays and Tuesdays and want to stay inside the house from Wednesday up to Sunday due to excessive peeling. Wahhahaha!

There you have it. Red lips wherever and whenever. With or without budget. The decision is up to you. Whatever your choice is, make sure you made it for the right occasion. :)

0 comments:

Post a Comment