Coco Milk for Shiny Locks

I remember during the days when I run errands for my Mom we use to make this delicious cassava cake. I go early to the market place and buy the ingredients as early 5:00 am and pick only the best ingredients to make this cake.

We make all varieties of cassava cakes like those with langka, buko and a variety with double icing on the cake. The icing is composed mainly of coconut milk, milk, cheese, and butter. This tedious but lucrative routine made me wonder if there might be something else I can do with the time when I go to the market to make it more worthwhile.

While I was buying for the coconut shaving which I use to make the cakes, one of the lady peddler made a comment with her co-peddler sitting beside her who is incessantly combs her hair.

"Hey you know what I am so amazed by your dark black healthy hair. Despite your age, it doesn't seem to lose its luster."

The lady peddler with the flowing black mane is quick to reply with the flattery and instantly said "Well it's my grandmother's advice to me. If I want to maintain a healthy lock you must constantly wash your hair with coconut milk."

With that reply I instantly asked the lady peddler what are the procedures for these regimen to work. She told me that all I have to do is buy coconut shaving and dilute it with water. Afterwards, squeeze out the milky juice and use it as a pre wash to your hair everytime you take a bath or on a regular interval weekly.

Finally!! something to make my trip to the market worthwhile. I told the coconut peddler to increase the quantity of my purchase and headed home quickly.
Coco Milk for the hair
Upon arriving home I immediately follow the instructions of the peddler on how to extract the juice and proceed to the bathroom and take a bath to take the sweat out of my body from my market excursion. After washing my hair with coconut milk, I notice something.

ARGGHHH!!!! I smelled like the cassava cake I am cooking. I washed my hair with a very fragrant shampoo but NO! I still smell like the cakes.

And you know what!?! It sticks around like hell, I repeated the process and finally, the coconut scent has diminished. After the shampoo I used a conditioner to further condition my hair and put more perfume.

MOMENT OF TRUTH. I was drying my hair and noticed that my hair is more smooth and soft to the touch. Of course there is that faint scent of the coconut to add to the usual scent of my shampoo. Hmmm, I am really amazed.

I read a book about coconuts and found out that its milk contains Lauric Acid. A component of coconut that is antibacterial and anti-viral. Wow, it's very good for controlling dandruff too!

Recent studies show that compared to other oils used for the hair, coconut oil is more easily absorbed by the hair shaft which acts as a laminating film. With this edge, coconut milk is able to reduce damage to the hair and prevents protein loss. Which explains why the lady peddler had a very healthy hair.

Im so glad I've discovered this beauty secret. Makes me look forward shopping at the market place. Now if there is only a way to avoid the regular smelly alley's. (Hehehe, incessantly complaining still) :D

0 comments:

Post a Comment