Be thrifty, Get Pretty Part 1


One of the problem I encounter in this Journey in becoming an epitome of Beauty is that financial management. Sometimes I wonder if I would ever get all of my finances straight and still manage to beautiful. It’s a given fact that food along with the other beauty frivolities like facials and spas or toiletries requires you to set aside a certain amount of money to avail it.

In my effort to balance everything I have come up with a list to live by where you could be frugal and at the same become more prettier. I have actually followed them and all it requires is some discipline. The list goes as follows and I have to say its effective in helping me to achieve my goals.

1. Commuting to work – one of the expenses I have to shoulder on a day by day basis is transportation expense. And I have to say it does eat up a big portion of my budget. When my work place use to be like a 2 kilometers from our house, what I did is bought a bicycle and ride it to the office and when I get back home. It serves to be a morning exercise and a warm up going to the gym after work which is by the way another mile away from work. The amount of money I save from gas I use it to maintain my membership in the gym and sometimes I use it to buy my supplements like whey protein and multivitamin.

2. Drinking Water – when I work at the office I usually buy a lot of soda, fruit juices, coffee, and sometimes cold-blended drinks from the nearby coffee shop. In a way this liquids serve as a source of nourishment, expense, and extra calories. The amount of money you shell out is not big when you buy the food but if you save them on a daily basis it’s an enormous amount of money. Plus even if you buy the most healthy of the choice which is fruit juice it does you no good at all. Fruit juices are calorie laden drinks. A piece of apple have 50 calories only plus the fiber. Buying the fruit juice version have whooping 150 calorie count plus the fact most of the time it include sugar which is not a good ingredient. The best thing to do is drink water which virtually free, low in calorie, brimming with benefits, and don’t affect the budget. Instead of buying drinks save it up for any kind of pampering you could imagine.

3. No Sweets – I use to have this craving for various desserts like cakes, candies, and certain pastries after a meal. I got sugar crashes and gained an extra stomach (huhuhu). To satisfy my cravings I replace these sugar laden food and tried fruits. They are definitely more cheaper than cakes and healthier in comparing both their calorie and vitamin content. For the price of one cake I could buy two fruits which is very beneficial for weight loss and maintaining a supple skin.

0 comments:

Post a Comment