Staying Beautiful at Coffee Shops



One of my regular habits is going from one Coffee Shop to another. I’m not really particular of the brand but as long me and my friends change location from time to time. In my visit on a new Coffee Shop in my area I notice the adds posted by the shop which says, LOW FAT, LOW CAL and beside the slogan is a picture of their ice blended drink. Beside their slogan are other slogans Implying we are healthier and we could make you beautiful.

Being the curious cat I called the attention of one of the Barista’s and asked him a question. “Hey if you don’t mind me asking how calories is their on one of your Ice Blended Drink?.” The Barista told me that a serving have an approximate 300 calories.

I immediately look at the calorie counter pamphlet which I got from the other coffee shop I frequently lounge. Hmmm for the same size they have 350 calories per servings. The barista told me also they use mostly low fat ingredients on their blends. I asked him to bring me a calorie counter pamphlet and he replied yes. I waited for him to get back but he never did. Its most likely they never have it or in most cases of coffee shops I knew they never give out the calories count of each of their drinks unless you ask it by product.

Although I love Ice blended drinks I would never recommend drinking it for people who have a goal to stay slim and healthy. It has high calories and the sugar content could spike your insulin out of proportion.

When an advertisement says Low Cal and Low Fat it doesn’t necessarily means they are healthy. In this case it suffice to say their calories and fat content are indeed lower compared to other brands.

Coffee Shops although most of their menu are unhealthy , do have healthy options to boot. For instance there are coffee shops I visited which have Soya milk for iced drinks and tetra packs. Some have these very good delicatessen sandwiches placed on rye and wheat bread. Other shops offer non fat and no sugar alternatives for some of their drinks. Other shops have an array of salads and juices.

Staying healthy is easy when going to coffee shops. Just be courteous enough to ask the barista’s for healthy options. But going healthy is usually more expensive. I tried the non fat versions of some hot drinks and they charge for like an additional 20 peso. Hahahaha I remember that famous line suddenly BEAUTY HAS A PRICE.

My usual pick when going to coffee shops is a big glass of Hot Green Tea and a set of Chicken Deli Sandwich on Rye Bread usually the low salt version. The protein in chicken is good source of protein for a beautiful physique . The Hot Green Tea, aside from obviously being fat free is good on spiking your metabolism to keep you slim.

0 comments:

Post a Comment