Skin Type Questionnaire (Pigmented Vs Non-Pigmented)

Its been awhile since a posted about this article . Anyways this article is a continuation of my previous articles on how to determine your skin type. But we have to determine first your skin category before we can know what is your skin type. This is the third installment of this article.

We will determine if your skin produce melanin a lot. Although melanin is the contributing factor for your skin color its not without benefits. It helps to protect the skin from sunburn so those people with less is more prone to skin cancers. The questionnaire below will determine if your skin actively produce this pigment.

1. Your pimple or ingrown hair once healed produce a dark spot:

a. Didnt happen
b. At some occassion
c. Happens a lot
d. Happens all the time
e. I never have pimples or ingrown hairs.

2. How long does a brown mark stays in your skin after being cut?

a. I dont get one
b. 7 days
c. 14 days or more
d. Months

3. Do you acquire dark spot when your pregnant or taking birth control pills?

a. Never
b. Just one
c. Maybe two or more
d. I lost count
e. Count me out I am male or I am unsure what dark spots are

4. Do you recognize any dark spot or pactches in your upper lip or cheeks, or do you have them before?

a. None
b. Not really certain I have them
c. I do have them but beyond notice
d. I have them and friends notice it

5. Your dark spots fluorish or gets worse under the sun

a. Dont have any
b. Never notice
c. It have a little effect
d. It aggravates my dark spots
e. I always have sunscreen or rarely goes under the sun ( answer is d if you wear
protection to avoid the effects of the sun)

6. Did you ever have melasma or dark patches on your face?

a. Never
b. A one time thing then it disappear
c. Yup
d. Yup, worse case ever
e. Uncertain

7. Do you have freckles on your skin?

a. None
b. quite a few but not more than 6
c. I could count 6 to 15
d. Oh my gosh I lost count

8. What is the reaction of your skin after being exposed to sun after a few months

a. I get sun burns
b. A sunburn then later it darkens
c. It darkens my skin
d. I hardly notice my skin is naturally dark

9. What is the result of almost week long of sun exposure to your skin?

a. Sunburn & blister nothing more
b. It darkens my skin a bit
c. Darkens my skin a lot
d. Dark is my natural color

10. Does the sun contribute to freckles in your skin?

a. Never happen
b. Its an annual happening I do get a few yearly
c. I always spawn a few regularly
d. Never notice I have dark complexion
e. I dont go in the sun

11. Do your parents have freckles? If only one has freckles answer the question relating to the parent who have freckles?

a. Nope
b. Quite a few
c. A lot on the face
d. A lot all over the body
e. Not certain neither of them have it

12. What is your hair color (the one you are born with)

a. Blond
b. Brown
c. Black
d. Red

13. Does your relatives have melanoma?

a. None
b. One
c. We have two or more
d. It runs in the blood
e. Not sure

14. Add 5 points to the score below if you gain dark spots on skin that is exposed to the sun.

Score for the test above is as follow

A = 1 point, B = 2 points, C = 3 points, D = 4 points, and E = 2.5 points

Tally your score and see the results below

A total score of 29-57 means you are Pigmented Skin
A total score of 13-28 means you are Non Pigmented

We are almost near to the end of the skin categorizing questionnaires only one more to go then we will find out what is your skin type. Stay glued to my blogs and you will see soon enough what skin type do you belong and know how to treat it right.

( Source : The Skin Type Solution by Dr. Leslie Baumann printed 2005)

0 comments:

Post a Comment