Top Foods for Gymgoers


On my frequent visit at the gym I often feel hungry after the workout. Sometimes even before the workout I already feel the lack of energy and I wonder what could be the perfect food that could compliment my weightloss plan. While I was resting at one of the sofas at the lounge I see gym buffs and aerobics fanatics pass me by carrying small pouch bags and eat their food beside me. I was thinking of something fancy was inside the brown bags and I was shock to find out their meal plan is so simple I could also do it. I made a list of the most common food I see these health conscious people are consuming and it is enumerated below.

1. Banana - yes I do see a lot of them and they eat it two pieces each session. The best reason I could only think of beside from the high nutritional content and fiber is its rich in potassium. Potassium is perfect when having exercise because it alleviate muscle spasms and cramps.. I guess this will be a regular food for me as well.

2. Sweet potatoes - these food I see baked or boiled in small tupperware. Often they are boiled and sliced in circles. The body builders told me its one of the best sources of carb because it helps in the nitrogen retention inside human muscle that aids in natural muscle building. It is also high nutritionl contents and fiber that is good for the digestive system. Perfect for moving those junk inside for a more flatter abs.


3. Tuna - these food seem to be a staple in every gym fanatic. Tuna is a fish low in fat and high in omega 3 content. Gym goers often buy the water packed tuna for maximum benefit. You wont really need the extra vegetable oil in your body. Omega 3 is known to aid in metabolism thus boosting your weightloss endeavors.


4. Chicken breast - Both guys and girls at the gym indulge with these high protein and low fat food. Of course they all remove the skin where all the fat are and eat it boiled or broiled. People at the gym eat it for more protein source aside from the tuna for more variety. Sick people are give chicken soup to make them feel better. They said their are enzymes that only chicken contain that can open the taste buds so that sick people can enjoy them. Of course you dont have to be sick to consume them but it could also be the reason why consuming these low fat protein by healthy person makes them more perky or enthusiastic to workout. Chicken is also packed with a lot of nutrient beside from having high protein.


5. Whey Protein - Most gyms have refreshment stand that serve whey protein with fruit or soya milks in shake. Sometimes they also put a cup of yogurt for more digestion benefit. People at the gym cant seem to get enough protein. They told me that whey protein as an additional source helps in boosting metabolism. Protein is harder to burn compared to fat. Whey protein is easily absorbed by the body when working out which becomes muscle food in the process. If you gain more muscle when working out it will help your body to burn more calories even when you are not working out.

These are the food are foods most gym goers consume whenever I see them at the lounge. Of course they may have other food on the list and also some supplements but I am sure these gym foods that I enumerated will always be included in their shopping list.











0 comments:

Post a Comment