How to eat healthy at Convenience Store

I am regular night owl who have a hard time sleeping at night due to my current job as a call center agent. During my day off I found myself bummed with nothing to do so I go out to eat and see what are the usual stores open. Of course in my area the Jolibbee food chain is 24 hours but I already had enough of it because everywhere I go their food chains are like mushrooms. Another option near to me is the carinderia like the tapsihan but I'm not really hungry for rice. So the last resort for me are the convenience stores.

We have 2 convenience store located in our area. The first one is Mini Stop and anoter one is seven eleven. Both serve meals like microwave dinners and sandwiches of all varieties. Since I am in for a quick bite I look at the choices available for me at the stands and the following are the best choices I can come up with.

1 Dark chocolate - Yes oh yes it might be too indulgent but dark chocolates are good choices for a snack. They are known to be anti-oxidants and contains ingredients that makes you feel good all over. I advise however that consume this item at moderation. If you are going to buy them like in bar form eat only 1/4 of the bar because we dont want any sugar rush or calorie surge to add up to your belly.

2. Water - Their are diffirent kinds of water available here you just have to pick the one that suits you like mineral, purified, alkaline, and all the other assortments. Some even have the one with vitamin's. But off of course to make it really simple and calorie free choose plain water because it would aid you in hydration and keeping your skin supple.

3. Cavendish Bananas - Most chain of seven eleven do serve this fruit. Their are no doubt about the health benefits of this fruit are as follows a. its good after exercise and b. good source of fibre. Bananas by the way are good source of fibre to keep your weight at bay so its best to buy 2 pieces when you are at the store.

4. Yogurt - This dairy product which is rich in bacteria good for digestion comes in various fruit flavor and sometimes in juice form. Most of them are zero fat so definitely your cart must contain this when you go shopping at night for a snack.

5. Prepacked Fruits - On the refrigerator isle you could also see a lot of prepacked fruits like dole apples and some fruit cocktails served in small cups. The juice of the fruit cocktail is laden with sugar so dont consume that when you buy this product.

6. Milk - if you are not lactose intolerant its best also to buy this item. Make sure that you buy the low fat or non fat version. Milk is rumored to increase your metabolism on regular consumption because it contains a good amount of protein. Protein do increase metabolism even at rest phase and it consume more calories when you digest them so its a lot of help to keep your weight down.

7. Hotdogs - All right I can see that their are a lot of eyebrows saying on protest against this food. Although hotdogs are not really a good choice for a snack, convenience store's do steam this food when they cook it. Steaming is the most healthy choice for cooking food. Although hotdogs are not really healthy at least the method of cooking is ok. Its a good way to satiate a craving for meat minus the other calories derive from frying.

The items I enumerated above are just few of the choices you could buy at convenient stores but I guarantee you they are the most healthy stuff you could buy their. Its best to eat healthy stuff during the night when your metabolism is low and your digestion is not at it peak performance. So the next time your tummy grumbles and request for a grub go out and get your snack or dinner at convenience store with this shopping list. Hehehe

0 comments:

Post a Comment