The serious case of the False Eyelashes




It was one of those afternoons when I usually meet up with my close friends and have chit chat with them over trivial stuff's and ask about the latest updates about their lives. I met with my bestfriend Santi (not real name) a 57 year old kikay woman who likes to indulge in parlor services and visit it like a second home.



We met at Jolibee pacita regarding our sideline about events organizing for the Rotary Club and start discussing of what must be done to expedite things needed to be accomplished. As I was listening to what she was telling me about the overpriced talent fee for our charity work I cant help but notice her eyelashes. I noticed that she doesnt have eyelashes in the middle of her eyelids. All of her eyelashes are concentrated on the corners of her eye and in the middle portion its non existent at all.

At first I was curious about it and start thinking could this be the latest fashion craze about eyelashes. Because I remember back in the 80's there was a fad in hair style where all the hair is concentrated only on the middle of the head and the sides are shaved like MR. T on the tv show THE A TEAM. But this nagging voice in my head couldnt stop and forced my mouth to ask the question " What happened to your eyelashes my friend? "

My friend Santi replied to me saying it was the parlor's fault. They use an old adhesive to attach her false eyelashes. What happened was her eyelashes become clumped and started sticking to one another. Instead giving the dramatic effect of a peacock they got intertwined to one another and whats worse they started pointing downward instead of the usual upward stroked look. The beautician probably is a novice and have some of the adhesive mixed with the lashes. Instead of going to the parlor my friend started plucking her eyelashes until all that is left are the one's on the side of her eyes because its too painful to pull out.

My friend complained also that instead of the regular human hair they use synthetic false eyelashes making everything much worse than it should be. I couldn't help but chuckle because it look so ridiculous. She told me that she would go back to the parlor and have them fixed the problem. I told her to run back to the parlor cause she look like the hairless wonder and everybody might give her a second look not because of awe.

After that fiasco with the parlor she always ask to the beautician to show her the materials being use for her eyelashes from the adhesive to the false eyelashes to ensure that she wont be the victim of the same predicament the 2nd time around.

0 comments:

Post a Comment