Making an awesome Peanut butter sandwich


One sunday afternoon when I woke up at the house I was so hungry. I look around to see if their is something to eat at the fridge and all I see was the leftovers from last nights dinner. Nobody is around since everyone went out to go to the malls or to church ergo their is no food cooked in the kitchen argghhh!!!! Double whammy really. So i look inside the fridge for the second time around and look for anything to gobble that dont require a lot of time to prepare. I see a lot cereals and fruits. Then their is also a loaf of wheat bread and a lot of spreads. I really want to eat a real lunch not the breakfast fare the fridge is offering and then, their is hope. Their is like a light bulb flashing into my head. I saw a bottle of Peanut Butter.

I started making this sandwich that I used to make when I was a kid and really I find it so filling even for a grown up like me. So I started gathering the ingredients for this super meal. I grab the whole bottle of the less fat Peanut Butter which happen to belong to my super buff brother. I also pick 3 large slices of whole wheat bread, the bottle of the strawberry Jelly, the Honey also. I thought I would be satisfied but because I could a whole cow at that time I added 2 slices of light bacon which also belong to my brother ahahhaha (im in for some trouble), and also a big banana and the little box of raisin at the cold recesses of the ref ahahahah. I can almost hear my brother on top of my head grumbling.

I put the 2 slices of bacon and heat them for 5 minutes at slightly high heat. I put the 3 slices wheat bread at the toaster when their is only 2 minutes remaining for the bacon to cook. After that I grab one of the bread and started spreading peanut butter on the bread and slice the banana in the middle to make smalls circles and placed them on top of the peanut butter together with a few raisins. After that I put some strawberry jelly on top of the second bread and placed the sinful bacon on top of it. I placed the third slice on top of the bacon then put them on top of the peanut butter and wowowweeee instant Peanut butter club house sandwich


I consumed the whole thing in 20 minutes then I counted the calories on the whole sandwich. I think it would reach to almost a thousand. But regardless of the sugar spike it gave me a I know the energy Im getting didnt come from empty calories.. It is filled with a lot of protein and fiber. Except of course for the two bacon slices do not count as healthy but since its less fat I think it would be an exception or maybe look next time for a better alternative. Peanut butter consist of monounsaturated fat that is good for the heart. I also planned on making this same sandwich when I go to the gym and plan to have some protein boost after the workout. Yes it packs a lot of calories but the ingredients alone guarantees they would do good to your muscles and your body (again a disclaimer against the bacon because I thought its delicious). All of a sudden all of the good stuff in my head started to disappear when my brother walk in the door and saw me nibbling on his food. Nyahhhhh I could see the dagger look in his eyes. I told him immediately I would replace the food when I go outside to buy for my groceries lolzz!!!! and offered him also if I could make him the MOST AWESOME PEANUT BUTTER SANDWICH EVER with the matching begging look of the cat in SHREK. ahahahahahha but the reaction is another story. :p

0 comments:

Post a Comment